Our consultants are expanding economic opportunities for all and bringing sustainable, scalable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable.
- Infection related microcephaly after the 2015 and 2016 Zika virus in Brazil
- Kenya’s nurses strike takes its toll on health-care system
- Early childhood development essential to helping more children
Recent estimations about poverty in the world show that roughly 50% of the people live under deprived conditions despite the fact that nations like China have reduced their number of people living in poverty by 200 million since 1985. This situation posts important challenges to policy makers since both poverty and inequality have documented negative side effects on economic growth, political stability and social security, among others.
As a result, governments are usually concerned about the causes of poverty and the best way to deal with the problem. The old fashioned idea that poverty is essentially an absence of enough money or goods has passed. Modern approaches tend to consider poverty as a lack of opportunities or capabilities preventing individualsfrom being more productive and experiencing a better level of welfare. This new perspective opens a wide range of possibilities for public action in fields such as education, social networks, health and nutrition. Conditional Cash Transfer programs are clear examples of these pro-poor policies.
Every year, billions of dollars flow from donors and agencies to implement anti-poverty programs in developing countries. Also, a significant share of internal budgets is allocated to finance social agendas. In order to maximize the impact of the proposed measures, policy makers should have a clear perspective of the nature of the problem and a well-designed program with strategic implementation guidelines. Sanigest is, in this regard, an ideal partner thanks to the extensive experience in similar settings including Latin America, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe and Central and Southern Asia. Also, the Firm’s commitment to bring case-specific solutions to our Clients and our focus in improving the living standards of the populations, makes Sanigest an excellent technical support team to design and implement pro-poor programs.
How we can help you
The experts of Sanigest Internacional combine academic excellence with experience in more than 50 developing countries around the world. Moreover, most of the professionals actually live and worked in these nations at public ministries, independent agencies and universities, so they have a clearer understanding of the structural problems affecting poverty in Third World nations. Consequently, Sanigest consulting team is readily prepared to undertake assignments related with:
- Preparation of poverty profiles
- Design of pro-poor strategies in areas such as education, health and nutrition
- Implementation of poverty reduction plans
- Estimation of financing needs to fill resource gaps required to implement social agendas
- Definition of M&E systems and key indicators
- Impact evaluation of poverty alleviation programs such as Conditional Cash Transfer initiatives using modern quantitative and qualitative techniques